The Lampe Foundation offers three(3) awards for full-time male or female Aboriginal students attending Champlain College – Lennoxville Campus who have already completed at least 1 year of full-time studies at Champlain-Lennoxville.
- Full time student in at least his/her 2nd year of studies at Champlain-Lennoxville.
- Male or female.
- Demonstrated financial need.
- Demonstrates leadership and perseverance.
- Preference given to students who plan to return to their home community upon completion of studies.
To Apply: Write a Letter of Introduction (typed, double-spaced, 11 or 12 point font) saved as a PDF file. The letter should include answers to the six following questions:
Student’s name – Aboriginal Award Letter of lntroduction
- Tell us about yourself, your family, community and why you have decided to pursue a post-secondary education in your field of study?
- What skills and knowledge have you acquired that have helped you to remain committed to your studies?
- What are some of your past challenges and successes that you will be building from in the future?
- What are your hopes and dreams and plans after you complete school?
- How have you become involved in the local community while here at school (extracurricular activities or as a volunteer)? How do you involve yourself in the life of your community at home?
- How would receiving a bursary impact you and your community?
Send your letter of application to: Brenda Smith -Student Life Counsellor – Indigenous and Intercultural at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Dec. 1.
Applications will be reviewed by a committee at Champlain College – Lennoxville who will make a final recommendation to the Lampe Foundation Selection Committee.
Awards will be presented in February of each year.